
Picture to Left:
Pan Fried Orange Roughy with Pan Roasted Organic Baby Carrots, Grape Tomatoes & Truffle Oil Red Potatoes Served with Organic Brown Rice
Pan Fried Orange Roughy with Pan Roasted Organic Baby Carrots, Grape Tomatoes & Truffle Oil Red Potatoes Served with Organic Brown Rice
------------------------
I start thinking about dinner at 3pm, right after my lunch digests, and my stomach starts to quietly growl at me. I usually put a cork in it by going to the cafe downstairs and making one of the my favorite things ever - a toasted PB&J sandwich!! While waiting for the crispiness to happen at the panini press, I'll run through some potential dinner options. Should we dine out or stay home and cook? Did we take any protein out from the freezer to thaw in the fridge? Are we out of cilantro or garlic? We recently moved into a new place and we're definitely loving it. The kitchen is brand new - remodeled from head to toe -and we got some new Calphalon pans to play with too. As dorky and domestic as it sounds - it's pretty exciting to us! After two minutes or so, my PB&J goodness has the perfect diagonal grill marks and the filling is nice and warm. I put it onto the cutting board and cut it so that there's still a criss cross on the triangular halves. I wait until I'm back at my desk (but walk fast to get there) before I dig in and I'll im Tim to see what ideas he has brewing for dinner.
So what was for dinner tonite?
Tim cooked fish, veggies & rice. It was yummy, especially with a squeeze of lime that added the right touch of acid to the fish.
I wish i added some roasted garlic here. But it was still one of my better performances. hollla at cho boy =)!
ReplyDeletehaha, i completely understood everything you wrote because i feel the same way! domesticated is actually kinda fun! we made chicken noodle soup (viet style) tonight. you know the whole chicken and some drumsticks w/ the flat white noodles and tomatoes. hey when's the housewarming? can't wait to check out the ying+tim love pad.
ReplyDeleteHola Tim+Ying, aka Baby+Belligerent Bear!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on moving in together. When my diet (bet) is over, I'll come and we'll pull out some Iron Chef 'ish. Nice Blog!
wow, i'm coming over! make sure you add a plate for me :) congrats on moving in together!
ReplyDeleteHey, cool blog! Next time post stuff before dinner time so I can come over! :-) I'll bring over wine!
ReplyDelete